I am an improvising pianist, clarinetist and teacher in New York City.
I teach musicianship, ear training and music theory through the Dalcroze approach. Not sure what that is? Click here to find out more.
Training and education:
- Diplôme Supérieur, Institute Jaques-Dalcroze, Geneva Switzerland. 2020
- D.M.A., Stony Brook University, NY. 2018.
- M.A., Teachers College, Columbia University, New York City, NY. B.A. 2015.
- B. A., University of the Arts in Philadelphia, PA. 1989.
- Dalcroze License: Longy School of Music, Cambridge, MA. 2008.
- Dalcroze Certificate: Juilliard School of Music, New York, NY. 2000.
Lucy Moses School of Music at Kaufman Music Center: Dalcroze eurhythmics, solfège and improvisation classes for children and adults. I am the director of the Dalcroze Program for adults, which includes Dalcroze teacher training at all levels.
The Diller-Quaile School of Music: musicianship classes through the Dalcroze approach for elementary through high school.
American Musical and Dramatic Academy: musicianship training in a musical theater conservatory.
Columbia University: undergraduate ear training.
I teach privately as a pianist, improviser and Dalcroze teacher trainer, and occasionally offer my own classes. See the menu for more information.
During the summers, in addition to the Dalcroze teacher-training program I direct at the Kaufman Music Center in New York City, I enjoy teaching at two other programs, University of the Arts (my alma mater!) in Philadelphia and the Dalcroze School of the Rockies, now located in Dallas, Texas.
Here is a collection of performance video from my DMA work at Stony Brook University from 2015-2017.